Monday, October 17, 2011

Nap Time Craft: Bud vase wall art!

NTC: Nap Time Craft: A craft that one must be completed during a childs nap time and must be CHEAP!

Before I even get into the next NTC  I have to give a shout out to my FAVORITE website: CRAFTGAWKER.COM . It inspires so many of my daily craft projects and it's the first thing I check before gossip websites and *GASP* Facebook! If you are a lover of crafts and D.I.Y's you will not be disappointed. Not only does it direct you to other crafters blogs but it also has tons of tutorials and printable crafts as well.

I came across Blue Velvet Chair when on craftgawker and found this post about hanging jars for decorations.

So, when remodeling my home I started collecting bud vases (ok, so I got them all from Wal-mart for $.97 a piece) with this craft project in the back of my mind. I'm not going to lie to ya, I am a sucker for all things "Shabby Chic". When growing up, everything was antique and my mom has the same sense of style that apparently rubbed off on me :). Although I can appreciate the old and beat up, I am a NEAT FREAK and everything has to be symmetrical, organized and "clean" looking. The last few years I have began to appreciate modern style but can live without that "sterile" feeling. Let's call my taste "Neat shabby chic" shall we?

BUD VASE ART

materials:
-bud vase (or any other small vase that would be laying around)
-glue gun/glue stick
-Jute twine
-fresh flower/dried flower


I didn't take pictures of the process because it is this easy: Tie your twine around the neck of your vase in a knot, secure with glue gun. Tie secure knot on the end of the string and BOOM hang on your wall :) I took some dried Babies Breath I already had and stuck them in the vases:


Not sure why the color of my wall looks like this...its really a mossy green like the photo below!



 I loved it so much I also did it on another wall in the kitchen where I have a collection of old candlesticks, keys and other gold nick-nacks.


Yesterday, I was unloading a baby food jar from the dishwasher and it hit me!!! ANOTHER HANGING VASE! 


I stuffed the jar with mossy rocks and some fake flowers from an arrangement I already have and put in on a wall in Amelias shrine my living room!


This craft could be easily done in 3.345 minutes :)

lovelove,

Nina Tank

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! You are hired as my decorator when I get a house

    ReplyDelete