Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Egg lovers rejoice!

Today was looooooooooooong. Amelia is teething making her naps so short and her patience so little :( My heart hurts when she has days like this.

 With that being said, once she does finally hit the hay I love to whip out my oven mitts and hit the kitchen. I LOVE cooking, and has become a new found passion since I got married! When I have days like this it really "takes the edge off" and baking even more so...

And finally! A recipe I made worth blogging about :) I just made the most slamming breakfast...for dinner!

IMAG2186.jpg

I'm the type of gal that likes breakfast any time of the day and love when I find a restaurant that serves breakfast around the clock. If you are a breakfast lover (or looking for a way to use your stale bread), you have got to try this recipe! Not only is this an easy and delicious but it would make for a great dish if you are having brunch. I only made four because my husband is picky and I knew he would not be interested...he can only take egg in small doses.

I introduce to you my new favorite breakfast: Toasted Egg Cups

Ingredients:
- bread (I used whole wheat)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- eggs
- ham (or anything else you want to put in there!)
-salt and pepper to taste

You will also need:
- Rolling pin (or cup)
-Standard cupcake pan

Directions (SO simple!):
****Set your oven to 350ยบ****spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray****
1) Cut the crusts off your bread. (for every slice you make, you will need one egg). Roll them out one by one until they are flattened. Glaze slice on ONE SIDE with butter. Put the slice in cupcake dish and mold to "bowl".

2) Next is how you get creative...the recipe I found called for bacon...this mama hates bacon. I cut up some ham- but the possibilities are endless...you can use whatever your little heart would put in an omlet.  I lined the bread bowl with ham.
3) Crack one egg over your ingredients.
4) Sprinkle salt/pepper to taste and a few of the ingredients that you used to line your bread bowl on top.

IMAG2179.jpg  IMAG2180.jpgIMAG2181.jpg  IMAG2186.jpg
THATS IT!! Pop that baby in the oven :D I baked mine for 22 minutes and they were perfect! They were so good that Travis even ate one...I was impressed! They turned out so cute and I can't wait to cook them for a breakfast or brunch for my family....Hope you enjoy them :)

1 comment:

  1. yummy!! I make a similar dish called Cupcake Eggs without the bread crust...I am SO going to try those!! PS I can't see any of your pictures :-(

    ReplyDelete