And finally! A recipe I made worth blogging about :) I just made the most slamming breakfast...for dinner!
I'm the type of gal that likes breakfast any time of the day and love when I find a restaurant that serves breakfast around the clock. If you are a breakfast lover (or looking for a way to use your stale bread), you have got to try this recipe! Not only is this an easy and delicious but it would make for a great dish if you are having brunch. I only made four because my husband is picky and I knew he would not be interested...he can only take egg in small doses.
I introduce to you my new favorite breakfast: Toasted Egg Cups
- bread (I used whole wheat)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- ham (or anything else you want to put in there!)
-salt and pepper to taste
You will also need:
- Rolling pin (or cup)
-Standard cupcake pan
Directions (SO simple!):
****Set your oven to 350º****spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray****
1) Cut the crusts off your bread. (for every slice you make, you will need one egg). Roll them out one by one until they are flattened. Glaze slice on ONE SIDE with butter. Put the slice in cupcake dish and mold to "bowl".
2) Next is how you get creative...the recipe I found called for bacon...this mama hates bacon. I cut up some ham- but the possibilities are endless...you can use whatever your little heart would put in an omlet. I lined the bread bowl with ham.
3) Crack one egg over your ingredients.
4) Sprinkle salt/pepper to taste and a few of the ingredients that you used to line your bread bowl on top.
THATS IT!! Pop that baby in the oven :D I baked mine for 22 minutes and they were perfect! They were so good that Travis even ate one...I was impressed! They turned out so cute and I can't wait to cook them for a breakfast or brunch for my family....Hope you enjoy them :)